I was contacted by the website The Considered Ensemble last week.
To be honest I did not know it, but gave it a look, and I thought it was pretty interesting: Today, there are thousands of streetstyle blogs, and the text is often let apart.
The Considered Ensemble chose to create a fashion website totally focused on text.
It is made of "textual photographs"...
Here's mine, and, whether we like the concept or not, it is always interesting to see different ideas popping on the web.
_____
What I am doing:
Working on a cold June afternoon at the Rose Bakery remembering the why and how of an outfit for The Considered Ensemble.
What I was wearing:
Back in february, the days were short, the weather chilling and the sky had the shade of a black black bird not brushed by the sun since several months. That was the very first morning of a week of excitement, emotions and beauty: this morning was the beginning of mens fashion week Fall 2011 in Paris.
The first show I attended this season was based in a garage in the hip and arty neighbourhood Le Marais, and was given by a Japanese designer. I love fashion, but I love it even better when it is thought after and not in the immediate consumption: my passion for modern architecture, which I had the time to enhance during these long winter days, lead me to like structured garments, making a long a thin looking silouhette.
I chose a top both architectural and blurry by KAI AAKMANN.
It was a black cape, in cotton and wool. They say that Parisians love black. I must say this is one of the few sayings that is still true.
I put on black slim jeans by MARC JACOBS – don’t get me wrong, the brand did not made me buy those trousers.
It was rather that specific look the cotton had – unusually tightened. As much as I love new designers, much more daring than the established Parisian houses, I enjoy having some timeless – and yet modern looking – pieces.
I decided to accessorise the clothes with a black and silver HERMES Kelly bracelet.

Eventually, let’s be honest and practical: Big bags are too large to be carried at shows, however I had to carry many show tickets for that day.
I chose an YVES SAINT LAURENT black pouch from Fall 2010. However I carried it by the top… Not by the wrist strap, that I hid into the bag.

Boots, black boots, then I was ready to go.
As I arrived to the garage for the show, the wind was blowing, and I loved that feeling the KAI AAKMANN jacket gave me, that of a perfect unity between the concrete, harsh environment that was the courtyard in front of the garage, the wind and the urban landscape.
Paris, February 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.