March 30, 2010

The Hidden Treasure


I have heard with admiring submission the experience of the lady who declared that the sense of being perfectly well-dressed gives a feeling of inward tranquility which religion is powerless to bestow.  ⎯ R. W. Emerson






Vintage clothing was not really what I was interested in - that is, before I saw some of Didier Ludot's collection. 

His shop, located in the Galeries du Palais Royal, is a sheer treasure in one of Paris' most romantic garden.







Seeing so many dresses touched and thought with so much care by the couturier almost makes you forget that you actually are in the 21st century.













However, this Comme des Garçons by Watanabe dress and this McQueen jacket look perfectly right with a 1920s Chanel suit...



















... Or even a Jean Patou 1923 dress.


















Didier Ludot Vintage Haute Couture 
20-24 galerie de Montpensier 
Jardin du Palais royal 
75001 Paris 




1 comment:

  1. So beautiful. That shop's got the right spirit when you're looking for vintage treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.