October 7, 2009

Marithé & François Girbaud Spring / Summer 2010

The first impression I had of the room was its hugeness. There were even too many seats...! It was almost hard to see all the shoes.

Then they introduced some new designers called Lefranc-Ferrant; which I did not really liked.

Then the show began on a revolutionnary tone, and indeed, so were the clothes.

m-and-f-girbaud13.JPG.jpg

Skull coton bags on the heads, posteriors and breasts prints, trousers distorted, ribbons and laces everywhere. They attempted to blow up the establishment.

m-and-f-girbaud14.JPG.jpg

They even showed menswear (mostly coats up sides down).

The shoes of course were rather flat.

m-and-f-girbaud22.JPG.jpg

It was interesting from an experimental point of view but honestly not wearable, and even a bit disturbing : The models had a lot of fun, but it was as if to hide the lack of wearability of the clothes.

Nevertheless, I liked the reflexion about the materials.

m-and-f-girbaud44.JPG.jpg

PHOTOS by Giovanni Giannoni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.